Current Columbus Ski Club members who sign-up for softball after January 18, 2017, regardless of when they paid or renewed their membership dues.
1. Lottery exemptions and players signing up together rules are subject to change based on player ratings used for balancing of the teams.
2. All players must have a current softball skill rating. A current rating is obtained by attending the current year softball rating clinic or having participated in Columbus Ski Club social softball, as a player, within the last two years.
3. Players signing up together will be assigned to the lowest priority group of the person within the group of players signing up together.
4.Sign up to play together on the same team:
Participants must put the other person's or peoples' name(s) on their sign‐up form;
a. Two (2) players may sign up together;
b. Up to three (3) players may sign up together; only combinations consisting of 2 females and 1 male; or 2 males and 1 female; or 3 females. Three males cannot sign up together;
c. Up to four (4) participants may sign up together if one of the participants is a coach and one of the participants is a non-playing assistant (NPA);
d. Up to four (4) immediate family members may sign up together, if at least two of the four players are female. (NOTE: Immediate family is defined as someone's spouse, parents and grandparents, children and grandchildren, brothers and sisters, mother-in-law and father-in-law, brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law, daughters-in-law and sons-in-law. Adopted, half, and step members are also included in immediate family.);
e. Limited exceptions to the above limits for players signing up together will be reviewed by the softball committee on a case by case basis.
SOFTBALL LOTTERY EXEMPTIONS
All individuals must be in signup group Priority One this season to qualify for an exemption.
1. Individuals wait-listed the prior season, who were priority one when wait listed.
2. Softball Chairperson, Softball Committee Members, Tournament Director, and Coaches plus the individual they sign-up to play with.
3. Coaches who have coached the prior three consecutive years and are not coaching the current year plus the individual they sign up to play with.
4. Sponsors (subject to a separate sponsor lottery, if necessary) plus the individual they sign-up with.
5. Former Softball Chairpersons, of at least two years, will be exempt for life following the conclusion of their term.